In addition to his experience as a Trustee, Jim is an accomplished attorney and sports agent with true long standing ties to our East County community.
The San Diego Reader in 2020, 2021 and 2022 recognized Jim as the top Family Law Attorney in San Diego placing him as the awardee or finalist for the legal category. In 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023, he was awarded as the Best Divorce Lawyer in El Cajon by Expertise Publishing. These awards followed his 2019 “Silver Star” Award as the Best Attorney in the East County by the Daily Californian. Jim has been recognized and listed by the prestigious, Marquis “Who’s Who” in America, for 2023 and he has been nominated to Super Lawyers multiple years. Jim is the only candidate with the professional qualifications and practical experience fighting for parent’s rights every day as both an attorney and trustee.
As not only an attorney since 1997, but in running his own NFL Sports Agency, he has used these experiences and abilities to have negotiated the only multi-year labor contracts with Cajon Valley’s Teachers and Classified unions in over a decade. In fact, Jim was successful working with staff to have two such contracts implemented back to back during his time as a Trustee. This experience has also led to a balanced budget every year Jim has been on the Board.
It cannot be understated just how many legal and financial issues come before the Board of Trustees. These are the two most pressing topics that the Board addresses year in and year out along with curriculum. It is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable professional on the Board to help guide the District’s decisions.
Jim grew up in the East County attending Cajon Valley Schools; Anza Elementary, Fuerte Elementary and Montgomery Middle School. He then went on to attend Valhalla High School and San Diego State University. His youngest daughter recently completed her time at Hillsdale Middle School and is now in high school. His granddaughter and grandson are presently in the District as his older children similarly attended Cajon Valley District schools when they were children themselves.
Jim understands our community like no other candidate as he is the only candidate who is from the East County. The only candidate that has raised his family in the East County, who coaches youth sports in the East County and runs his business in the East County representing you, his fellow community members.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA — Juris Doctorate Degree, Law (1996)
- San Diego State University — Bachelor of Science in Business Finance with a sub emphasis in Real Estate Finance (1992)
- Board of Directors, Sharp Grossmont Hospital Foundation (2009–2012)
- Board of Directors, Marshall Faulk Foundation (2008–2016)
- Board of Directors, East County Posse Philanthropic Organization (2016–current)
- 2023 “East County Hero Award” as recognized by San Diego County Supervisor, Joel Anderson for his work on the Cajon Valley school board
- 2019 “Difference Maker of the Year” awarded by the East County Posse
- Soccer Coach, Crusaders Soccer Club, AYSO, Matrix, Alliance, San Diego Surf, Scripps Ranch United, Helix High School (2000–current)
- Softball Coach, Rancho San Diego (2015–2019)
- 2017 Elected Official of the Year
Official Ballot Statement Coming Soon | Facebook